cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forward all on CME with analog trunks

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

I have a system setup as shown below where the reception phone has a button for extension 201 and one button each mapped to the incoming analog trunk lines. It was done this way because the owner wanted the phones to emulate the old style key system where the buttons where used to select an outgoing trunk line.

This being a small office the receptionist is not around all the time and they don't want to use an AA. They want to forward incoming calls to a cell phone as shown below where the cell phone numer is represented by 9185551111. Problem is that this config doesn't work. Incoming calls to 201 are forwarded but incoming calls to the analog lines (9185551212) are not.

How can I get this to work without rearchitecting the entire system?

Thanks,

Diego

!

voice-port 0/0/0

connection plar opx 9185551212

caller-id enable

!

voice-port 0/0/1

caller-id enable

!

voice-port 0/0/2

caller-id enable

!

!

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 201

pickup-group 1

label 201

description Reception

name Reception

call-forward all 9185551111

call-forward busy 299

call-forward noan 299 timeout 10

huntstop channel

!

!

ephone-dn 11 dual-line

number 9185551212

pickup-group 1

label Line 1

call-forward noan 3250 timeout 20

huntstop channel

no huntstop

hold-alert 45 originator

!

!

ephone-dn 12 dual-line

number 9185551212

pickup-group 1

label Line 2

preference 1

huntstop channel

no huntstop

hold-alert 45 originator

!

!

ephone-dn 13 dual-line

number 9185551212

pickup-group 1

label Line 3

preference 2

huntstop channel

no huntstop

hold-alert 45 originator

!

!

ephone-dn 50 dual-line

number 250

label 250

description Global Delivery Mailbox

name GDM

call-forward busy 299

call-forward noan 299 timeout 10

huntstop channel

!

ephone 1

description Reception

mac-address AAAA.BBBB.CCCC

username "reception" password *****

type 7961

button 1:1 2:11 3:12 4:13

button 5:50

!

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You start with "show dialplan number XXX" where XXX is the number you set CFA for.

When you it's hitting the right DP, but still not working, you can do "debug voip dialpeer" and try a call.

Basically you gotta find which link of the chain is failing.

I guess I did a bad job of explaining the situation. CFA does work to whatever number we enter. The problem is that it only works when the call is to the DN on button 1, in this case 201. However, 201 is only dialed by other extensions in the office so the CFA is really not needed for calls to 201. Since incoming calls from the outside don't ring 201, the CFA is never activated. We need CFA to activate for the other DNs mapped to buttons 2, 3 and 4.

Thanks,

Diego

Press the desired line button first, then set CFA as usual.

There is no way to set all buttons at once.

You can make an "fxo trunk" config so she can still monitor the lines individually, but actually all calls are going to a single DN, thus simplifying the working.

Cool, I'll have to try that. One more thing though. When I press the line button I will get tone and the line will be in a seized state. Will the CFA button work at that moment?

Yes, as long the softkey template allows.

Thanks for all your help. I meant to try what you suggested but I found the night-service feature to be easier to apply to this situation.

Thanks,

Diego

The thing is that night-service is inflexible while in small offices most often what is wanted is to turn on and or whatever forwarding as needed.

Well, yes and no. You can use the "night-service code" command under telephony-service to be able to turn it on and off whenever you like which is what they want. In our case dialing *99 will toggle night-service mode.

The inflexible part is that I am also using "call-forward night-service 99185551212" on the DNs that receive the night bell service. This setting cannot be changed via the GUI only CLI which kinda makes it hard to change the number that calls are forwarded to.

Rgds,

Diego

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: