Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarding the call from Manager to secretary then to Manger Voice Mail

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

I have a request from one customer to configure the following scenario:

If somebody call the manger does not take the call the call will be forwarded to his secretary, if his secretary does not answer, the call will be forwarded to the manager's Voice Mail.

I have one solution but I need to know if somebody has better solution?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

100000% sure

Unity 5 and 7 do have a new setting on which you can have Unity to choose between the original called number(manager) or the last redirecting number(secretary) to choose the mailbox.

The default is to use the original called number which is the legacy behavior in 3.x and 4.x where there was no option to choose.

You can read the whole explanation of that setting here:

IP Telephony: Call forward

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40^1%40%40.2cd404cd/0#selected_message

In your case you don't need to change anything, just let the system work as it should.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You do not mention what you use so i'm just going to assume this is CUCM 7.x and Unity 7.x. If not, remember to always mention what you use as no one here has psychic powers ;-)

Easiest solution is to just use CFNA/CFB from manager to secretary and have secretary CFNA/CFB to VM. Unity default behavior is to use original called number to select the destination VM so they'll end up in manager's VM.

HTH

java

HTH

java

thank you dear,

No need for psychic power :)

yes I am using CCM7 and Unity7.

It will be very nice and easy solution, but are you sure 100% about this?

"Unity default behavior is to use original called number to select the destination VM so they'll end up in manager's VM."

Thank you.

100000% sure

Unity 5 and 7 do have a new setting on which you can have Unity to choose between the original called number(manager) or the last redirecting number(secretary) to choose the mailbox.

The default is to use the original called number which is the legacy behavior in 3.x and 4.x where there was no option to choose.

You can read the whole explanation of that setting here:

IP Telephony: Call forward

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40^1%40%40.2cd404cd/0#selected_message

In your case you don't need to change anything, just let the system work as it should.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thank you and I really appreciate your support.

Hi Jav,

I have a similar requirement in CME-CUE.

CME is 4.2 and CUE is 2.X

If somebody call the Manager does not take the call, the call will be forwarded to his secretary, if his secretary does not answer, the call will be forwarded to the manager's Voice Mail.I would like to know is it possible.If yes,could you pls provide the procedure.

Thanks

John

Hi Jav,

I have a similar requirement in CME-CUE.

CME is 4.2 and CUE is 2.X

If somebody call the Manager does not take the call, the call will be forwarded to his secretary, if his secretary does not answer, the call will be forwarded to the manager's Voice Mail.I would like to know is it possible.If yes,could you pls provide the procedure.

Thanks

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: