Views
Helpful
Replies

IPM collector issue

kamallohiaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I m not able to define a simple echo collector in IPM, everytime when I configure a collector it stuck on Configuratring some time and get the message- "Source Not Responding'and "Collector with same name already exist", I also tried with some other devices to use as source but didn't get any success.

I am also not able run ip sla monitor command on most of my network devices, however ip sla responder is working fine.I am using the following network devices and images in my network:

1. Cisco 6509 - c72033_ipservices9_wan-mz.122-33SHX4.bin

2. Cisco 7206 - c7200-advipservicesk9-mz.122.-33.SXH4.bin

Can anybody let me what may be the cause of this problem.

Quick response would be highly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

kamallohiaji
Level 1
Level 1

Pls find the attached screenshots for more details.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The IP SLA commands have changed over time. The latest commands all start with "ip sla". The 12.2(33)SXH images use "ip sla monitor". Older images will use "rtr".

If you get a timeout error trying to create a new collector, make sure the SNMP read-write credentials in DCR and on the devices are correct. IPM will use SNMP to create the collectors.

Hi Jclarke,

I am not able to run ip sla monitor command on my source device, does it require to run this command on source device before creating collector in IPM, i understand that only ip sla responsder should be enabled on target device and no other configuration is required on any of the devices for creating collector in IPM.

Can you also let me know what may be the cause if source device is not responding and i am getiing duplication collector message, all these devices are properly manged by other appication and i m not having any snmp time out issue with them.

Is there any specific command to clear old entries of IPM.

If the source device is the 7206 running 12.4(15)T, then, no, "ip sla monitor" is not a valid command. As I said, all IP SLA commands only require "ip sla" as a prefix.

As for why the source is not responding, I already addressed this. Check the SNMP read-write credentials in the device and in DCR to make sure they match.

To get around the duplicate collector errors, delete the unconfigured collectors from IPM before trying to recreate them.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: