cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

what is the main different between the boards?

caoxianglei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

GE_XPE and GE_XP?

10GE_XPE and 10GE_XP?

which place is enhaced place of these two boards, i am confused when i read the manual.

16 Replies 16

caoxianglei
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody here who knows about that if the boards support the tunable port?

Do you mean these card GE_XPE, and 10GE_XPEcan be tuned to any wavelength over the band?

I think they are not tunable. If i get contradicting info will let you know.

viyuan700
Level 5
Level 5

Not clear exactly what info are you looking for,

Is it in which slot card will go then read this

The GE_XP, 10GE_XP, GE_XPE, and 10GE_XPE cards can be installed in Slots 1 through 6 or 12

through 17. The GE_XP and GE_XPE are double-slot cards with twenty Gigabit Ethernet client ports

and two 10 Gigabit Ethernet trunk ports. The 10GE_XP and 10GE_XPE are single-slot cards with two

10 Gigabit Ethernet client ports and two 10 Gigabit Ethernet trunk ports. The client ports support SX,

LX, and ZX SFPs and SR and 10GBASE-LR XFPs. (LR2 XFPs are not supported.) The trunk ports

support a DWDM XFP.

If you are looking for why are they called enhanced then read this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/optical/ps5724/ps2006/product_data_sheet0900aecd805ec093.html

Also these enhanced card supports point to multipoint & multipoint to multipoint for VOD apart from pointto point.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The enhanced versions add some Quality of Service (QoS) features.

The trunk sides are not tunable, but rather you must choose pluggable optics for the ITU grid wavelength that you intend to use. There are 40 different pluggable modules, ranging from 1528.77 nm to 1561.41 nm (the C-Band range).

The client side interfaces have a nominal wavelength of 1310 or 1550 nm, depending on whether you use LR or ER optics.

Hope this helps. Please rate helpful posts.

viyuan700
Level 5
Level 5

10GE_XP have MAC address table with up to 16,000 entries

whereas Enhanced version will have MAC address table with up to 32,000 entries

10GE_XP will have some Qos features but

Enahnced will have these

Additional QoS functions on Enhanced XPonder include:

• Add of double tag and Add+Translation

• Add SVLAN +Translate CVLAN*

• Per-CVLAN to SVLAN ingress CoS

Who knows about whether these cards can devide the different services into different wavelengths by VLAN.

In the transponder/muxponder card terminology, SVLAN and CVLAN and Service provider VLAN (trunk side transport) and Customer VLAN (client side transport), respectively.

One can map given CVLANs to SVLANs. However, given that any one 10GE card only has a single trunk side interface, all of its defined SVLANs will be carried on that interface and associated wavelength.

I suppose if you had a chassis with multiple 10GE cards and thus multiple trunk side wavelengths, some of them would have certain CVLAN/SVLAN associations defined and others would differ. This would be more of what I would call a characteristic of the system rather than a design goal.

The differentiation of services is in the CVLAN-SVLAN mapping and, potentially, in the CoS policies one applies to those VLANs.

HTH, please rate helpful posts.

Edited version:

In the transponder/muxponder card terminology, SVLAN and CVLAN are Service provider VLAN (trunk side transport) and Customer VLAN (client side transport), respectively. See the card descriptions at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/optical/15000r9_0/dwdm/reference/guide/454d90_txpmxpcard.html#wp1172215 for further feature detail.

One can map given CVLANs to SVLANs. Given that there are two trunk side ports that the SVLANs can be carried over, some of them would have certain CVLAN/SVLAN associations defined and others would differ. This would be more of what I would call a characteristic of the system rather than a design goal.

The differentiation of services is more in the CVLAN-SVLAN mapping and, potentially, in the CoS policies one applies to those VLANs.

HTH, please rate helpful posts.

i am a little puzzled of what you said.

i am sure that GE-XPE card can support work together by using jumper cord, and in this situation the trunk port is configed as short-distance Laser Module. I mean the GE-XPE cards can share the trunk line port together, so can you direct answer my question, if the different service can devide into different wavelengths?

GE-XPE card can support work together by using jumper cord, and in this situation the trunk port is configed as short-distance Laser Module

I have no idea about this jumper but the GE_XPE card can be configured in following modes

L2 over DWDM: In this mode if you want any VLAN to be protected then same vlan will go out from both the trunk ports but one port will be in blocking state (Like STP). It will open only when the working side fails.

In short you are using both trunks but for Ethernet ring protection.

10GE TXP: Only for 10GE_XPE , in this client & trunk have 1 to 1 mapping.

10GE MXP : Only for GE_XPE , in this also 1 to 1 mapping here 10 1G clients ports are mapped to 1 10G port.

20GE MXP: Only for GE_XPE Here you can map all the 20 1G to 1 10G ports.

see this link for more info about card modes

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/optical/15000r9_0/dwdm/procedure/guide/454d90_provisiontmxpcards.html#wp383099

Whatever told above can be easily seen with the help of pictues (i think this link will help you a lot)

http://my.cisco.ru/expoclub/materials/20090619/2.1%20Xponder%209.0.pdf

So different services cannot be divided into different wavelength if they are comming from same client port (either 1 10G or 10 1G client port).

But if you segregate different services into your switch,then you can send one kind of service to one client port & other service to other client port so they are going on different trunk port.

I dont have direct answer to your question but if this info can make sense with other post.

In switch, backplane has access to all the ports including trunk where all vlan can pass to another switch.

If i draw an anology with SDH/SONET box they have a crossconnect which can access all ports. So an E1/T1 coming can be crossconnected to line card (High speed card)

But in pure DWDM boxes there in NO crossconnect ( there are Optical Crossconnect )which has access to all ports. In pure DWDM Transponder, muxponder has a client signal and Trunk so whatever comes can go on that wavelngth. There are Optical crossconnect but they switch the whole wavlength and you cannot crossconnect comming on 1 card to many cards.

All,

Where is the DATASHEET or DATASHEET's for the GE_XP GE_XPE 10GE_XP or 10GE_XPE ???

I can't seem to find any thing about these cards under the 15400 product line drill down on Cisco's support site?

We've implemented a GE_XP on one of our 454's, and this was done before I came on board.  I'd like to

familiarize myself with the card, its options, config, etc...

Anyone that can dump their tech info on these cards would be really appreciated!!!!!!!

--Scott

GE_XP GE_XPE

<https://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/optical/ps5724/ps2006/product_data_sheet0900aecd805ebef7.html>

10GE_XP and 10GE_XPE

<https://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/optical/ps5724/ps2006/product_data_sheet0900aecd805ec093.html>

The GE data sheet is missing the part numbers... I have already mentioned this to Cisco...

Hope this helps!

baileyshbr

Thank you!!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: