Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Changes the name displayed in Exchange

MICHAEL CARTER
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Forum,

I've just imported users from the AD into a Unity 7.0(2) UM solution. After I imported the users it was noted that the Exchange server no longer shows the users as <FirstName> <LastName> but as DisplayName.

It seems Unity is using the setting "show subscriber in e-mail server adress book" and overwriting the original setting. If I uncheck this setting - it hides the user from the address book!

Has anyone experienced this problem and resolved it - i.e returned it to the previous <FirstName> <LastName> format?

Yours faithfully,

Michael.

3 Replies 3

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

Did you use the Bulk Import Exchange tool to accomplish this?

Check out this defect:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsr16712

Hope that helps,

Brad

Hi Brad - yes, that's exactly my problem. Ouch! The workaround is probably no good after I've run the import... If I change this back in Exchange - do you know if the bug will cause this problem for all users again even if I am only importing 1 new user from Exchange? This would force me to use the ES.

Thanks for the quick response!

Yours sincerely,

Michael.

Michael,

This defect should only affect those users that are being imported at the time. If you manually go through and make the changes, as long as you don't re-import these users, they should remain intact. It'll affect new users that are imported using this tool. If you want, just import the single user through the Web SA to avoid it.

I would strongly recommend the ES, especially if there are others that may administer the system so that they don't run into it and undo all of your work.

Brad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: