cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility Dynamic?

craig.pollitt
Level 1
Level 1

I've tested Extension Mobility on a couple phones successfully. I've since disable EM on the device, unsubscribed the device from the EM service and reset the phone. However, if I go to Phone Services -> EM -> Dependency Records, it lists I have two devices for Extension Mobility Dynamic. If I click to view the details, it list two items both titled "EMPTY" that contain links to the devices I used to test EM.

Has anyone else seen this? How can I remove this EM Dynamic from the dependencies?

Thanks.

Craig

4 Replies 4

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

There was a known issue with EM Dynamic dependencies to a phone button template.

The phone button template could be assigned to one of the extension mobility user logout profiles and probably you have deleted the

logout profiles or you do not have the concerned phone button template assigned to them anymore.

Disabling or enabling extension mobility from the CCM admin of the phone does not dis-associate the phone button template from

the concerned phone or phones.

To completely remove EM settings you need to set the logout profile to none and disable EM. This will delete the record from the

extensionmobilitydynamic table.

Please check this bug for more information: CSCsr62036

I hope this helps, if it does please rate!

Regards,

Teresa.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Thanks for your response. Not sure this is exactly what I'm running into. This bug is supposed to be fixed in all 7.x versions (which is what I'm running).

I've tried everything I can think of with the device and device profiles to get rid of this. Other suggestions?

Thanks.

Hmm probably you can access the CUCM server via CLI and use this command to view the contents of the EMdynamic table:

admin:show tech table extensionmobilitydynamic

You can download it via SFTP with a "file get activelog" command and check if there are any dependencies or not.

Regards,

Teresa.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Thanks for you help (and quick responses)...I have the output from the file. However, is there a command I could use via CLI that will delete this table completely? Nothing should be pointing to EM besides unused Default Device Profiles that I've created (and tested...which is why I'm having this issue).

Or what should I being looking for in this cryptic data that was returned?

Thanks Again.

Craig

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: