cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is FAC (Forced Authorization Code) an official feature of UC?

wfchew2007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

When browsing thru the UC administrator guide, i cant find any info about FAC (Forced Authorization Code) not Feature Access Code. But i have come across documents on how to setup FAC on UC (Customer script and built-in script).

Customer of my is hoping to have control over the phones by enforcing PIN codes for long distant and international calls, for security purpose. Can this really be done in UC?

Best regards,

Lawrence Chew

6 Replies 6

Skyler Spence
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I have this document, just that when i follow exactly it doesn't seem working. And why there is a need to dial-peer voip? My environment is to pots.

Why the administrator guide document doesn't have any feature such as FAC in it? Is this NOT an official feature of UC?

Best regards,

Lawrence Chew

The VOIP dial peer is required for this feature to work.  Notice: Ensure that the destination pattern under your POTS dial-peers match the destination pattern shown above. If the POTS peer pattern is more specific, the loopback VOIP peer could be skipped.  So your existing POTS dialpeers will be used, just make sure that the destination patterns match.  Notice that in the VOIP dialpeer the target is 10.1.1.1.  If you believe that you have setup this feature correctly, please attach a copy of your configuration and I will check it for you.

Hi,

I dont have a working configuration of this yet. So as you have just mentioned, i need to create an interface lookpack, and create dial-peer voip and dial-peer pots with the same destination-pattern. Will try it and let you know.

Can i do only with PIN without the username ? Please advise.

Best regards,

Lawrence Chew

Hi,

Hereby is my working configuration; Caller need to dial access code of 5, then following the number. I noticed couple of issues with this implementation;

1. occassionally, no PIN prompted when dialing or re-dialing.

2. no prompt of re-enter of PIN if wrongly by accidently. Silent disconnect.

!
application
  service clid_authen_collect
  param uid-len 4
  param pin-len 4
!

dial-peer voice 5000 voip
description ** PINs TEST **
destination-pattern 5T
session target ipv4:10.1.0.1
incoming called-number 5T
dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
codec g711ulaw
no vad
!
dial-peer voice 5010 pots
description ** PINs TEST **
translation-profile incoming mapping
translation-profile outgoing outgoing_calls
destination-pattern 5T
direct-inward-dial
port 0/0/0:15
!

Best regards,

Lawrence Chew

To resolve 1), add this under your POTS dial peer:

preference 5

2) is a system limitation, mentioned in the page referenced by Skyler.

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: