Failed to setup cbarge

Answered Question

Hi,

I'm using cme 7.0.3, and have setup cbarge. However when the remote in use softkeys appear, and I hit "cbarge", I receive a "failed to setup cbarge" messages. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

Correct Answer by Rob Huffman about 7 years 8 months ago

Hi Ryan,

Just a couple of questions here :) For SCCP phones cBarge is only supported on Octo-Line DN's, are you using Octo-lines? Second question, are you using a hardware Conference bridge?

Barge (Conference Barge)

The Barge feature enables phone users to join a call on a shared octo-line directory number by pressing the Cbarge soft key and converting the call to an ad hoc conference. This feature uses a hardware conference bridge configured in Cisco Unified CME. When the initiator barges into a call, an ad hoc conference is created between the barge initiator, the target party, and the other party connected in the call. Parties see the call information on their phone displays and, if the conference join tone is configured, hear a tone.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmebarge.html

Cheers!

Rob

Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Rob Huffman Wed, 07/08/2009 - 07:52
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hi Ryan,

Just a couple of questions here :) For SCCP phones cBarge is only supported on Octo-Line DN's, are you using Octo-lines? Second question, are you using a hardware Conference bridge?

Barge (Conference Barge)

The Barge feature enables phone users to join a call on a shared octo-line directory number by pressing the Cbarge soft key and converting the call to an ad hoc conference. This feature uses a hardware conference bridge configured in Cisco Unified CME. When the initiator barges into a call, an ad hoc conference is created between the barge initiator, the target party, and the other party connected in the call. Parties see the call information on their phone displays and, if the conference join tone is configured, hear a tone.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmebarge.html

Cheers!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion