Views
Helpful
Replies

WRP400 Voice no audio

perapapak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have following situation. Asterisk as PBX and 2 SPA942 and 1 PAP2 with 2 analog phones connected. All is working prefectly until we added WRP400 to replace PAP2. Analog phones connected to WRP400 are registered on Asterisk. They are ringing on call but no audio on both sides. SPA 942 connected to WRP400 haven't any problem and PAP2 connected to the WRP400 with both analog phones is working perfectly but only voice piece of WRP400 isn't working.

We have checked configuration of voice piece of WRP400 many time and it seems all properly configured. An port forwarding or firewall issue couldn't be because SPA942 and PAP2 connected to the WRP400 are working fine. Firmware upgrade doesn't solved our problem.

Have you any idea what could be the problem? Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english because isn't my mother language.

Best regards,

Pera

32 Replies 32

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

I would need to see the traces from the WRP400 to understand if it is a defective unit.

Regards;
Alberto

Hello Alberto,

Sorry but I'm new on this. What I need to do?

Best regards

Hello again,

Here I attached my syslog with 2 phone calls from and to wrp400 with no audi.

Best regards

Hi perapapak,

Some questions:

1. What version of firmware is the WRP400 running?
  2. Do you hear audio when analog1 calls analog2, or when analog2 calls analog1?
  3. Do you hear audio between analog1/2 and SPA942?
  4. Do you hear audio between SPA942-1 and SPA942-2?

Some suggestions:

1. Run Asterisk console in verbose mode and observe what is reported in Asterisk's console when using FXS1/2 with no audio, may provide clues:
    $ sudo /etc/init.d/asterisk stop
    $ sudo /usr/sbin/asterisk -cgvvv
  2. Enable debug on the WRP400, the syslog output may provide clues when using FXS1/2 with no audio

For further troubleshooting, please provide:

• WRP400 voice config
  • /etc/asterisk/sip.conf
  • /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf

Regards,

Patrick

----------

> Some questions:

> What version of firmware is the WRP400 running?

It was delivered with 1.00.04 and now is 2.00.05 running. Both versions have the same problem.

> Do you hear audio when analog1 calls analog2, or when analog2 calls analog1?

No if analog1/2 connected on voice part of WRP400 and yes if analog1/2 connected to the PAP2 attached on WRP400.

> Do you hear audio between analog1/2 and SPA942?

No if analog1/2 connected on voice part of WRP400 and yes if analog1/2 connected to the PAP2 attached on WRP400.

> Do you hear audio between SPA942-1 and SPA942-2?

Yes.

> Some suggestions:

> Run Asterisk console in verbose mode and observe what is reported in Asterisk's console when using FXS1/2 with no audio, may provide         >  clues:
> $ sudo /etc/init.d/asterisk stop
> $ sudo /usr/sbin/asterisk -cgvvv

We did it allready but no clues.

> Enable debug on the WRP400, the syslog output may provide clues when using FXS1/2 with no audio

Enabled. See log attached on my previous post. Tried to call analog <=> SPA-942 and no audio both times.

> For further troubleshooting, please provide:
> * WRP400 voice config
> * /etc/asterisk/sip.conf
> * /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf

I can provide but I'm not sure how can this help. Again all VoIP devices in network are working properly except voice part of WRP400. 2 SPA-942 phones (one SPA-942 connected to the switch on WRP400), 2 analog devices connected to the PAP2 (connected to the switch on WRP400), and many software phones such Eyebeam and Bria and no one have any problem except voice part of WRP400.

How can I test device to check if voice part is defect?

Thanks in advance.

Please load 1.01.00 on the WRP400 and test. The 2.x train of firmware is for 3G, so it's best to use 1.x if  you are not implementing 3G.

As I mentioned before, I don't see anything useful in the debug that you previously supplied. Perhaps a Wireshark trace from the LAN would reveal something?

I'm wanting the config files to try figure out what is wrong. My hunch is that there's a conflict in the configuration between the WRP400 and Asterisk. Both provide call-control, so the opportunities for config errors are great. :-)

Can you help me understand why you want to use the WRP400's call control when the rest of your network is using Asterisk? I'm thinking that I'm not fully understanding the network and implementation.

Please help validate my understanding:

• As I understand it, you have Asterisk providing call control and acting as SIP proxy for all devices.
  • You used to have a PAP2 because you wanted 2 FXS ports for analog phones for the Asterisk environment
  • You have now removed the PAP2 and installed the WRP400 which provides:
    • Wireless access point
    • 4-port switch
    • 2-fxs ports
    • Call control [why do you want this if you have Asterisk?]

Regards,

Patrick

----------

perapapak
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Patrick,

Sorry but I dont' understand which Call control as replacement for Asterisk on WRP400 you mean. As I know WRP400 is WLAN Access point with 2-fxs ports and voice part of device is similar with PAP2. In voice part both lines are configured to access Asterisk server like on PAP2. I didn't see anything other like "Call control" or I missed something. I replaced Zyxel WLAN Access Point and PAP2 with only one device and I use Asterisk as before. I didn' ^t see anywhre taht voice part of WRP400 could replace Asterisk or an VoIP Provider.

Please clarify me if I'm wrong.

Regard,

Pera

Hi Pera,

My mistake, not sure what I was thinking and forgot that it's just an ATA.

I'll edit my previous post so it will not confuse others.

Can you please share the voice config of the WRP400 for analysis?

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hi Patrick,

Sorry for delay but I'm in vacation and no posibility to check my mails every day. After return I'll share my configuration. Do you need all of voice part or only for analog lines?

Regards,

Pera

Hi Pera,

I hope that you had a great holiday.

In order to further troubleshoot this, I need the following:

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Hi Patrick,

Sorry for delay but I have had to much work in my job.

> In order to further troubleshoot this, I need the following:

I added pictures of PAP-2 and WRP400 voice config, both asterisk conf files and wireshark trace captured at asterisk machine. Notice: our asterisk is managed vith FreePBX and most config files are configured from FreePBX.

I called first via PAP-2 and then called with phone attached to the wrp400 directly.

If you need another files or pictures tell me.

Regards,

Pera

Hi Pera,

We're getting closer. :-)

One issue I notice is that the WRP400 is running 2.x firmware. The WRP400 should be using 1.x firmware if not using 3G.

Please send me the PAP2's config as follows: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9904

For completeness please send the SPA942's config too: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9933

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hi Patrick,

I's no difference between firmware 1.x and 2.x. We tried both and the problem is same. And we need 3G as backup connections.

Herre are configs of PAP-2 and SPA-642.

Regards,

Pera

Hi Pera,

Thanks for providing the additional information. I have shared the information with Engineering in the hopes that they can help figure this out.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: