Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 5.0 Script Design

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I have a customer who uses nine CTI Route Point triggers to route calls to nine scripts which are identical in all respects bar the CSQ to which calls are queued. The applications also use the same Call Control Group.

I sometimes have to modify these nine scripts which can be tedious so I was thinking about replacing them with a single script which uses the Get Call Contact Info to check which number was called and then a switch string step to set the CSQ name.

Can anyone see why this would not be a good idea?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sure; just use the Switch step as you were thinking.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nope; that will work fine. You could also enable the CSQ variable to be a parameter and just set this on each application's configuration page within /appadmin you use the script in.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. My intention, which I did not explain as well as I should have, is to have just one application with multiple triggers rather than nine separate applications as is the case at the moment.

Your suggestion about setting the CSQ using parameters is interesting as it would allow me to use a common script but I would still need nine applications.

Can I get away with just one?

Sure; just use the Switch step as you were thinking.

Thanks,

I have just written and tested the script and it works fine.

Hi all,

I have been reading the new Cisco Unified CCX Best Practices Guide and it has advice relevant to this issue - see Multiple Applications on page 4.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/reference/guide/UCCX_Best_Practices.pdf

While large scripts remain a potential issue, creating a huge number of applications which use the same script or very similar scripts can also lead to excessive memory consumption leaving very little for other activities like call processing.

Again script developers can be imaginative and build logic inside the script to handle calls in different ways for different originating triggers. Thus, a single application can be deployed with multiple triggers. The script can be coded to handle the calls to these triggers slightly differently e.g. playing a different prompt or presenting a different language. Another way of customizing parameters for different triggers is to store the information either in a custom database or in an XML document that can then be read within the script to determine parameter values based on the dialed number.

The point to be noted here is that with each application one script is loaded into memory. If the script happens to be the same one, then it is loaded multiple times using up precious memory.

It seems that it is therefore a good idea to design the scripts/applications as I suggested!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: