Views
Helpful
Replies

1841 with VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1

cannone78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've a 1841 (12.4(24)T1 sp services) with VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 and I'd like to configure it like a PRI ISDN.

When I try to configure 'pri-group time-slot 1-31' on controller E1 I've this output on my console:

%Please configure network-clock-participate wic 1 first

%Insufficient resources to create pri-group - it has been removed

I've tried to configure: network-clock-partecipate..but this command is not supported!!

Any Idea??

Many thanks in advance for your support

Gianluca

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, exactly.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, you cannot use the VWIC card for data ISDN PRI.

You need to use HWIC-1CE1T1-PRI.

This question has come up before, and fairly recently. I don't see that the 1841 supports the HWIC-1CE1T1-PRI. It is not listed as a configuration option within the Dynamic Configuration tool. Documentation that I've checked on CCO indicates that only the VWIC2-1MFTs are supported on the 1841, but apparently not for PRI.

It would be helpful for someone from Cisco to confirm whether or not the 1841 supports PRI in any form.

That is correct, in fact a minimum of a 2811 is required for HWIC-1CE1T1-PRI.

Yes, for data only. The MFT-T1 may be a better option on the 2811 or higher model 2800 router.

Thanks a lot for your support!

Finally I need a HWIC-1CE1T1-PRI to configure a PRI ISDN with a 2811 as lower entry platform.

The HWIC-1CE1T1-PRI is not supported on 1841: this means that I can't configure a PRI ISDN on a 1841 anyway?

Thanks again

Gianluca

Yes, exactly.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Hi, I'm curious as to what is missing in VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 that don't allow support for data PRI.

Due to hardware limitation, VWIC can support only 2 channel groups per port.

Consequently, you must use the specific modules for data PRI.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: