cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing Phoneloads

aapexisinc
Level 1
Level 1

Somewhere over the course of upgrading a UC500 to 7.1.1ea the phoneloads and locale files for many of the phones (e.g., 7970, 7931) went missing.  Where can I find them and how do I restore them?  Following the instructions after the upgrade to update to the language files for the current regiion did not work, as the referenced directory is empty.

12 Replies 12

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

In the 7.1.1 software pack, you should have a tar file called CME-Phone-Loads-7.1.1.tar.

If you open that, you will see the loads sorted into directories by phone type.  Copy of all the files in the directories to the flash on your UC.  You should also keep the files in the same directory structure that exists in the tar file today. (flash:/phones/7931/ etc)

Then verify that the TFTP commands are setup with these new files correctly.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Dumb question: how do I copy those files to the flash?

I would get a TFTP client, like pumpkin TFTP.

http://kin.klever.net/pumpkin/binaries

Place your computer behind the UC

From the command prompt on the UC, you will need to use the copy tftp to flash commands.

UC520#copy tftp flash:
Address or name of remote host []? 192.168.10.18
Source filename []? test.png
Destination filename [test.png]?
Accessing tftp://192.168.10.18/test.png...
Loading test.png from 192.168.10.18 (via Vlan1): !
[OK - 18054 bytes]

18054 bytes copied in 0.692 secs (26090 bytes/sec)
UC520#

You can also include names and directories in this as well

UC520#
UC520#copy tftp://192.168.10.18/phones/7915/B015-1-0-3.SBN flash://phones/7915/
Destination filename [/phones/7915/B015-1-0-3.SBN]?
Accessing tftp://192.168.10.18/phones/7915/B015-1-0-3.SBN...
Loading phones/7915/B015-1-0-3.SBN from 192.168.10.18 (via Vlan1): !
[OK - 146463 bytes]

146463 bytes copied in 1.480 secs (98961 bytes/sec)
UC520#

If the directory isn't there, you might need to create it.

UC520#cd phones
UC520#pwd
flash:/phones/
UC520#mkdir 7915

That created flash://phones/7915/

Let me know if you need any more help.

You can also drag and drop the files from the CCA topology view. Make sure no other TFTP/FTP servers are running on your PC when trying this method.

Thanks,

Marcos

Marcos,

I tried to drag and drop from Windows Explorer, but it doesn't allow it.  Am I missing something?  I'm running CCA 2.0.1.

That worked, although I also had to update the tftp-server configuration commands to reflect the new files.  One last issue, when the phone restarts it reports two errors: 1) DNS Unknown Host; and 2) Error Updating Locale.  Where do I look to fix these?

Do these errors cause any other issues? Are you trying to localize the system?

Thanks,

Marcos

They don't appear to cause any issues, but, then, the phone still worked even when it was entirely missing the load files (it just threw off a couple of errors which you would miss if you weren't looking).  I just don't like unexplained error messages.  The phone is using the default US English.

Has the phone ever been a locale other than english?

When do you see the DNS unknown host error?

The phone has never been in a different locale.  The messages appear when the phone registers (or is reset).

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

Sorry to jump in but I have the same issue, I do have a problem as with no locale, my outbound dialing doesn't seem to take. I create the rules for North America in the Outbound dialing (CCA), and they are gone on next reboot.

Any update on locale files?

Thanks

Are you saving the UC 500 configuration?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: