cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC and DTMF

geo_smith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I'm trying to troubleshoot a complaint that dtmf tones are not recognized at the ACD menu. The complaint alleges the callers are from 2 specific area codes. The calls come in on an analog trunk and are then sent to a route point to IPCC 4.0(5). Calls from other area codes work fine. Any suggestions for troubleshooting are appreciated.

4 Replies 4

guy.richard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Maybe apply "MTP requirement" on that gateway.

Hope that helps

Guy

Isn't that only required for a 323 gateway? I'm using MGCP. The other thing that baffles me about this is the problem is only reported for callers from a couple of area codes. All other calls work as expected. I personally believe it is a problem on the callers side but I can not figure out how to prove that.

Thanks for your help!

You are right about MTP, I'm so used to H323 gateways. Which type of voice interfaces do you use ? Is it possible to tune input gain (or attenuation) on voice-ports maybe dtmf level from this area (or carrier) is too low or to high and distorsed.

That would be input gain on the port config in CCM? Currently at 0. How much would you recommend I change it? Anything I need to be aware of when making that change? dropped calls..etc?

Thanks for your suggestion!!