cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Destination based Natting in PIX 515

yagnesh_tel
Level 1
Level 1

I have situation where I need to do natting based on destination addresses in PIX 515. I know this is quite easy in routers but never did on PIX so I want to know is this possible? If it is then what is the command for this?

4 Replies 4

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Could you give an example with IP addresses of what exactly you are trying to do ?

Jon

suppose packet from hosts(1.1.1.X) comes into PIX's inside interface for destination 192.168.10.2, this destination address should be rewrite to 10.10.10.1 while packet traverse outside interface of the PIX.

Use policy NAT

access-list policy_NAT ext permit ip 1.1.1.0 255.255.255.0 host 192.168.10.2

static (inside,outside) 10.10.10.0 access-list policy_NAT

Keep in mind that you cannot policy NAT multiple inside hosts to a single IP. You'll need to specify a classful network in the static statment.

If I specify classful network in static statement then what will be destination IP after translation? You mean to say for packets having source as 1.1.1.x and destination as 192.168.10.2, destination will be rewrite to 10.10.10.x after translation where x will be the same integer in both source and destinatin?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card