cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Destination Patterns - A way to Simplify?

ecornwell
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

We are in the process of moving around 2 of our voice gateways at remote sites. The VG's will each have 3 T1's. 1 Incoming PRI from the Telco and 2 T1's (1 PRI, 1 CAS) to our PBX. The CAS is there incase the PRI fails. Incoming calls to the Gateway will either need to go to CallManager via H.323 or the PBX. The problem I'm running into is that there is no clear definition between phones on Call Manager and phones on the PBX. IE, Ext 2601 is on CCM and 2602-5 is on the PBX and 2606 is on CCM. We've got about 40-60 phones in CCM with the rest of the 300 on the PBX. From what I can see it would make the most sense to have a default dial-peer send the calls to the PBX (destination pattern ....) and then have specific dial-peers for each phone pointing towards CallManager. The problem with this approach is that each time a phone is moved from one system to the other, a new dial-peer will have to be created or an existing modified. At this rate, there will be over 80 dial-peers just for the phones. (One to one CCM server, a second for backup.) Is there any way to combine multiple destination patterns into a single dial-peer?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes, summarize the patterns

using your example

260[16] would be CUCM

260[2-5] would be on PBX

they're simple regex expressions, no different to what you configure as route patterns in CUCM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks Java!

That was one thing I was planning on doing but we're still looking at 60+ total dial-peers doing that. The extensions are spread from the 2000's to the 7000's with very few being in the same 10 range. It's almost a worse case dial plan... :(

Indeed, it's going to be soooo much fun when someone needs to troubleshoot or make changes to that config.

How did they come up with something like that?? It would be so much easier to use whole ranges like 2-3-4XXXs in CUCM and 5-6-7XXXs in PBX.

There really isn't anything more you can do except summarize as much as possible.

If some of them repeat on other ranges with same last numbers maybe something like:

[23]60[16]

[23]60[2-5]

But that requires looking at all the numbers you have and where they are to start summarizing.

HTH

java

HTH

java

It's part of an unfortunate migration path. Currently the voice gateway connects to the PBX and the PBX connects to the Telco making the routing much easier. We've had a problem with the PBX where ISDN functionality will go away. Our code is old enough that we have to upgrade in order to fix the problem and our goal is to move to VoIP. We are moving the gateway into the role of talking to the Telco. (That's the reason the T1 CAS lines are to the PBX as well as a PRI. If ISDN goes away, the CAS lines will be used as backup.)

I went through and summarized things the best I could. I was hoping there was some sort of command that would allow me to build another list and reference that. (Similar to a trunk group.)

The real fun part is that we have two voice gateways for redundancy. Everything will have to be duplicated. Thank goodness for copy and paste! :)

Has anyone implemented both 7 and 10 digit dialing via dial-peers? I've done some looking and I haven't been able to find anything.

The facility in question still has the ability to do 7 digit dialing and I don't want to break them. I had two dial-peers configured but I'm worried they won't work correctly...

Here's the dial-peers I have:

dial-peer voice 911 pots

port 1/1:23

destination-pattern 911

forward-digits 3

!

dial-peer voice 8911 pots

destination-pattern 9911

forward-digits 3

!

dial-peer voice 7 pots

destination-pattern 9[2-9]......

forward-digits 7

!

dial-peer voice 10 pots

destination-pattern 9[2-9]..[2-9]......

forward-digits 10

!

dial-peer voice 11 pots

destination-pattern 91[2-9]..[2-9]......

forward-digits 11

!

dial-peer voice 9011 pots

destination-pattern 9011T

prefix 011

Do those look ok?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: