Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Macintosh with DMP standalone

rguzman.plannet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was trying to administer a DMP with a Mac. I had to download Mozilla in order to get access to the interface. But when I tried to transfer files to it's internal memory using ftp it showed an error message saying that I had not enough privileges to make changes. Something regarding NFS, read only.

Hope someone has some information about this.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

dsweeny
Level 3
Level 3

Enable FTP and make the volume read/write. It is read only by default.

Hi,

Well i forgot to say that I have all the conditions ready to run as those you mentioned.

Actually I have already solved this issue. And I hope my experience helps out to anyone using Mac.

DMP does not support Safari, so we had to download Mozilla FireFox. Then trying the "normal" process as in windows I went to Go to Folder menu and typed ftp://IP ADDRESS but I got a message saying I don't have privileges to read and write, altough DMP was set to allow ftp and read/write. So I went to the Mac's console (CMD in windows) and did the same process (typed ftp comands in the console) to transfer a file and it worked. I also found that there is a software called CyberDuck that makes ftp transfers, since I don't use Mac at work (This was a costumer's laptop) I don't know if that is an application that is already installed in Mac or one have to download it from the Internet.

As I said I hope anyone else finds this helpful.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: