cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC 500 - CLI for outgoing calls

jedellerby
Level 1
Level 1

Could anybody confirm that the number field under the ephone-dn is used to populate the CLI field for an outgoing Q931 call? I'm having difficulties using different CLI values for different phones and I want to double check I'm manipulating the correct field.

For example, in the ephone-dn below should I see 01234 123456 as the CLI?

ephone-dn 21 dual-line

number 01234 123456 secondary 212

label 01234 123456

description Desk Twelve

name Desk Twelve

call-forward busy 100

call-forward noan 100 timeout 10

Thanks

Jed

4 Replies 4

jedellerby
Level 1
Level 1

Typical, as soon as I post something I find the answer. I need to focus on the dial plan a little more and look at my translation-rule statements I now see:

voice translation-rule 1111

rule 15 /.*/ /01234 123456/

!

!

voice translation-profile OUTGOING_TRANSLATION_PROFILE

translate calling 1111

translate called 1112

Can I simply remove the translate calling statement?

I'm not 100% sure how the DNs need to be configured yet as each phone will have a DDI when logged in via EM.

Jed

Yes, basically you use the translation rules to present the correct calling number.

The alternative is to use "dialplan-pattern" but I don't like it very much beside it causes issues with the CUE if you have it.

Thnaks, I sorted this today so now it's working fine.

I did have a quick go at trying a translation profile on the ephone-dn for the outgoing CLI but it didn't seem to work. It was along the lines of:

ephone-dn 8 dual-line

number 504 no-reg primary

label 504

description abc

name abc

translation-profile outgoing TRANSLATE-CLI

but I never got any match against the CLI for the outgoing call. Am I missing anything here?

Thanks

Jed

I've seen images where translation-profile under ephone-dn simply doesn't work.

Try to have it under dial-peer or voice-port as long as possible.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: