cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outlook Plug-in for MPE 2.x Not Available

tom.brockman
Level 1
Level 1

We recently installed MPE 2.1 and would like to use the Outlook plugin to allow users to self-schedule calls. The Cisco documentation (and every posting I can find) says there should be a download link in the lower right corner of the MPE user webpage (Attend or Schedule). There is no download link on our MPE web interface.

Likewise, the "Configuration and Maintenance Guide for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express Release 2.x" includes a procedure for Configuring the Client Installation File for the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express Plug-In for Microsoft Outlook. The documented steps include:

1) Log in to Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express and click Administration.

2) Click System Configuration > Outlook Plug-In Configuration.

My MPE installation does NOT have this option. The System Configuration menu does not include anything related to Outlook.

It seems as if Outlook integration is not installed on this MPE server. Is there some way to enable this now? Or does this require a complete reinstall of MPE?

Thanks in advance for your help.

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tom -

Is your MPE server licensed for Exchange? You can check your license file from Maintenance - Licenses - Licenses Summary. You should see an entry that says: Name - exchange, Enabled - 1, Installed - 1.

Here is the information from the online Help for "Configuring the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express Connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server". This task is required to enable Microsoft Outlook to send notifications for meetings that were scheduled, rescheduled, or canceled from the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express End-User Interface.

Before You Begin:

1. Complete the task described in the "Creating a Dedicated E-Mail Account on the Microsoft Exchange Server" topic.

2. Install the exchange license. See the "How To Install and Manage Licenses" topic.

3. Obtain the following information about the Microsoft Exchange Server:

- Hostname or IP address

- Windows domain

- Username and password for the e-mail account that you created in the "Creating a Dedicated E-Mail Account on the Microsoft Exchange Server" topic.

4. Procedure:

Click System Configuration > E-Mail Service Administration > Exchange Server Configuration. Configure the fields on the Exchange Server Configuration page.

Click Save.

(Optional) Click Test to test that the Exchange configuration works.

Hope this helps! Ginger

Hello,
I've a similar issue with my MPX installation. In fact, I installed the  plug-in on my Desktop PC and fortunately I see the MeetingPlace tab. But  when I'm click on it I see a sort of web page error telling me "Action  canceled".

Action canceled
Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested.
The page might be temporarily unavailable..

Any idea?

The web page is manually reacheable. I can do everything I want  when I browse on the site.

IE6 and Outlook 2003 are used.

Thanks for your help.

Martin

My fault!

I forgot to configure the MeetingPlace tab in the OUtlook options. The MPE url

had to be added.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: