Views
Helpful
Replies

HUM no recorded values for CPU CCS 11503

g.palavecino
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody, greetings from Chile.

My English is bad and use the google translator.

I installed CW LMS 3.1 to 1.1 HUM and can not work with variables in cpu HUM 11,503 CCS equipment. Download and install the corresponding mibs and the problem is not solved.

I hope they can help, because in the cisco site, I have not found adequate support for the product.

Greetings,

Guilliano Palavecino Rojas

Communication Support Engineer

ADEXUS S.A

20 Replies 20

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of code is running on the CSS? What object are you using the poll the CPU utilization for this device?

The version of the CCS is: Switch Content Version 07.40.1.07 and 08.10.4.01 with SNMPv1/v2c Agent.

Attached file with the contents of the exported template CPU Utilization.

PD: Attach open with excel...

Atte...

Guilliano Palavecino R.

Communication Support Enginner

Adexus S.A

The CSS devices do not support the CISCO-PROCESS-MIB. You will need to load the various CSS MIBs (found in your software image download) into HUM, then use the object apChassisMgrExtSubModuleCPUInstantaneous or apChassisMgrExtSubModuleCPUAverage to get the CPU utilization. These objects both come from the ARROWPOINT-CHASSISMGREXT-MIB.

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

On a side note, google translator is not as good as http://babelfish.yahoo.com (formerly babelfish.altavista.com), in my experience. The former completely screwed up some simple Russian->English translation for me that created a hilarious misunderstanding.

g.palavecino
Level 1
Level 1

hello, I'm taking up this issue  in my client and from the admin I can not load the HUM CHASSISMGREXT-MIB MIB for  download. I get an error that refers to the  format or the lack of depencia. In the TAC site I can not find  solution and the appropriate mib.

Thank you. Greetings,
Palavecino Guilliano Rojas. 
Communication Support Engineer 
Adexus S.A 

up

please, i need help with recorded values for CPU of 11503

HUM supports obtaining CPU data from CSS devices provided they support the apChassisMgrExtSubModuleCPUAverage object.  Make sure the device responds to 1.3.6.1.4.1.2467.1.34.17.1.14.

Herewith the result of the snmp walk. As additional information I can comment that the  cpu information is gathered by CACTI and CiscoView. Moreover, since the computer can see that the OID  supports apChassisMgrExtSubModuleCPUAverage (rescued with the command  lookup).
I also downloaded the mib chassismgrext.mib image,  which could not be loaded by HUM, and resulting in an error. View image err-hum-ccs.

The MIB should already be loaded in HUM.  You should not need to load it in recent versions.

The SNMP Walk failure is important.  While it does look like the device should support the object, it clearly isn't returning valid data.  Perhaps this is a device bug.  What version of code is running on this CSS?

The CCS  version is 7.40.
Please consider that the same team is now giving  out information of CPU and instantly CiscoView CACTI using the same OID. For these reasons, HUM think that there is a  problem and as with the post 7507 the CCS team has two CPUs to monitor (problems  with reading multiple CPU).

The CSS and 7500 are handled very differently by HUM.  The SNMP Walk points to the required object not working with this CSS.  I can't find a bug which would explain this, but it would certainly keep HUM from working.  A sniffer trace showing the SNMP packets when trying to create the HUM poller would confirm this problem.

ok, thanks JClarke. I'll try to do as requested, but I can not capture  sniffer data, since the poller CPU available is the original that is associated  with the MIB CISCO-PROCESS-MIB, which does not support CCS and I could not load  the mib chassismgrext .  mib containing the necessary OIDs.

HUM will use apChassisMgrExtSubModuleCPUAverage to query the CPU utilization of CSS devices.  This will happen automatically by using the CPU template built in to HUM.  You do not need to load any new MIBs into HUM.  If this object is not working for your CSS, then you will get a problem scanning for instances when trying to create a new poller.

Here is the result. (one error).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco