Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN ID assignment with privileges

martin_mirko
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to give a privilege access and let a person only put a specific vlan ID on the switch port but not all VLAN IDs available on the switch.

This is because I had DMZs on the LAN switch, and I don't want to give access to techs to put the VLAN ID of a DMZ, only they can change on LAN VLAN ID.

THanks !

Martin

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Martin

I do not know of any way to give a user privilege access to change VLAN ID and then to restrict which VLAN that they change.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

wandering_997
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Martin,

I agree with Rick.

It seems hardly to implement it if you only presume upon the LAN switch itself.

I suppose set allowed vlan on trunk links to the DMZ LAN switch maybe can archieve your object. But the precondition is the VLANs must not be used at all.

Or depend on some other network management application which can be set permission by more specific condition, such as vlan id.

Hope to help.

Wandering

avillalva
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Martin,

You should be able to achive this using role based CLI access. You can lock a view down to specific commands.

See this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/sec_user_services/configuration/guide/sec_role_base_cli_ps6350_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1051869

HTH,

Andres

Thanks a lot for your answers, I believed I can't like you, but this parser that Andres proposed could work, I didn't know it before. I will check that info.

Thanks a lot again !

Martin

Unfortunately, it is only supported from 12.4 on routers but not for switches ;)

Thanks a lot anyway,

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card