NSS3000 Restoring a Backup Issue

Answered Question
Jul 8th, 2009

Hi Guys,

I recently bought a NSS3000 storage system in my company, and yesterday i did a first Share backup and was ok, the problem is that now i have been trying to put that Backup on the NSS3000 again but i cant do it. I pretty sure this is a simple issue, Im looking for something like "Restore Share Backup" in the Share section, but i cant find anything.

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by clindoan about 7 years 5 months ago

The backup feature two options: "Run Backup" allowed to do the backup instantly and "Schedule Backup" allowed to setup based on time/date user wish to backup, this feature also let you backup keep how many backup user like to keep.

To restore: The backup file is a compressed TAR file, so you can use Winzip or Winrar to uncompress the TAR file and basically, you can see the native files within the Winzip or Winrar applications. All you need is to drag over to where you want it to be...very simple method.

Hope it helps.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
clindoan Fri, 07/10/2009 - 10:43

The backup feature two options: "Run Backup" allowed to do the backup instantly and "Schedule Backup" allowed to setup based on time/date user wish to backup, this feature also let you backup keep how many backup user like to keep.

To restore: The backup file is a compressed TAR file, so you can use Winzip or Winrar to uncompress the TAR file and basically, you can see the native files within the Winzip or Winrar applications. All you need is to drag over to where you want it to be...very simple method.

Hope it helps.

Actions

This Discussion