Helpful
Replies

Active to Active load balancing

chaitu_kranthi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a WAN Back Up globally in a active-standby scenario,

where the backup link becomes active only when the primary MPLS link fails.

Now we are planing to active-active architecture whereby policy-based routing can employed to shift non-latency sensitive traffic(Like Internet Traffic) over to the backup link to free up valuable bandwidth on the more expensive MPLS link for applications which require strict service guarantee.

instead of keeping backup link ideal we are planing for active-active setup.

One important thing which need tobe consider is all my internet traffic will go to proxyserver of the datacenter.

Please find the network setup diagram for better understanding.

Can some one help me to find out the solution for this

3 Replies 3

pompeychimes
Level 4
Level 4

Can your rephrase the question. I don't understand what you are asking.

chinkevi_2
Level 1
Level 1

if you want pbr to route and with failover capability, you can look up pbr with ip sla support.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Possible solutions might include:

PBR

QoS

PfR

Regarding QoS, if the issue is ". . . applications which require strict service guarantee.", then QoS might be all you need, whether you use one path or both.

Regarding PfR, believe it can be tied to traffic types so it will insure critical traffic is preferred on one link, or one with best end-to-end performance, yet dynamically utilize, as best possible, both links' bandwidth. (Effectively, it's a dynamic PBR.)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card