Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0, Process Running Continously

hashmatpaki
Level 1
Level 1

Dear

I am using LMS3.0 running on solaris 10 on Sun T2000 Sparc with 8GB RAM, my LMS is running very slow, it takes 1 or 2 minutes to open a page. I have seen many process with the message "Program started - No mgt msgs received" running over a month. I have attached pdshow output, can you tell me which process need to be stop to speed up LMS. How can I speed up my LMS.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

None of these processes should be stopped as they are all designed to be running continuously. Is the CPU on the server being heavily utilized? If so, what processes are taking up the most CPU? What pages take a long time to load?

Actually devices added to the LMS are around 120. when I logged in, it open very slowly usually takes 2 to 3 minutes to go to home page. this happens for all pages, I have attached "mpstat" command output, which shows CPU utilization.

Thanks

It doesn't look like the server is that busy. Is LMS integrated with ACS?

No, it is not integrated with LMS. I am attaching my LMS critical message window, may be it will help you to understand the problem. please tell me how to fix if critical message show any major issue.

Thanks

None of these messages point to a performance problem (or any problem, really). The two daemons which are down are typically down in normal operation. The log file sizes don't necessarily constitute a problem. If you're concerned about their sizes, you can configure the logrot.pl tool within LMS to rotate log files so that they do not grow too large. More on logrot can be found in the LMS online help.

Given that the CPU is not heavily loaded, I suspect a possible network or client issue. Does the problem occur on all clients? If you use Firefox on the server itself, do you still see the same performance issue?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco