Views
Helpful
Replies

CUOM / CUSM - SSO not working

a.foerster
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we have the problem that with version 2.1 the single sign on feature among CiscoWorks servers doesn't seem to work for CUOM and CUSM. When accessing SM from the OM GUI I will always be prompted for login credentials.

It doesn't matter if I open it via the OM GUI or the CiscoWorks GUI. Also it happens for standalone installations as well as for installations with a separate SM server.

As far as I understood SSO should work natively with standalone installations. For the installation with the separate SM server we configured SSO as described in the CS user guide.

Still, it doesn't work. We have this behavior on all CUOM systems (all 2.1).

Is this a bug? I remember it had worked with earlier versions.

Thank you,

Andreas

2 Replies 2

MICHEL.HEGERAAT
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Andreas,

I have the same issue at one customer site with a single server install, but not on the server in the lab, also running 2.1 also single server install.

In both cases http://cuom:1741/cwhp/cwhp.applications.do# mentions

CiscoWorks (CUOM)

The dns hostname of the device.

I noticed I can only specify the Service Monitor as an IP address.

Also using the IP address rather then the DNS name and there is no second authentication when going to Service Monitor.

I guess when installing the application it managed to get itself a different hostname for Operations Manager and for Service Montoring

Did you ever get this sorted out?

Cheers,

Michel

Hi Michel,

unfortunately 'yes' and 'no'. We didn't figure out the cause for this but it suddenly was working after a new installation that we did for another reason.

Regards,

Andreas