Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 6.1 with DL380G5

dina.ihab
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

i have a Server " HP ProLiant DL380 G5" with the following hardware specifications :

S/N: CZC8364LLT

Product ID: 458565-421

HP BIOS P56 08/03/2008

2048 Memory Configured

Proc 1: Intel 2.66 GHz, 12 MB L2 Cache

And while trying to install Cisco Unified Communication Manager 6.1(3),

After checking the media and passing this step, An Error appeared which is a critical error and it's attached and named as the "first image.

And after that, i insert a Hardware Detection CD "AVVID" and after a while, a new error appeared which is displayed as following :

"This OS version does not support the detected server

Remove the disk and press any key to reboot"

Thanks

8 Replies 8

antonio.vazquez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Have you ever been installed any Cisco product int his platform?

Regards

yes, i did it before. and it was dl380 too & also CCM 6.1 too.

Hi,

Have you verify that if your part number, it is approved by Cisco to install this software. Although you have purchased a DL380G5, there is several part numbers associated to this model where it could change the processor speed, how much memory is installed,...

I have the same problem with a DL320 and I cannot install an IPIVR because processor speed was diferent that the processor speed that was approved by Cisco for this model.

Regards.

If you find this post useful, please rate it.

hi,

This the Part Number of the server :

458585-421

is this model supported by cisco to install the Call Manager 6.1 ?

and how can i know that and be certain through a document from Cisco ?

Regards

the part number stated in the previous is not the right one.

the right one is stated in the first message which is : 458565-421

regards

Hi Dina,

you can find this page interesting:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/product_solution_overview09186a0080107d79.html

I think that your server it is not supported.

Regards

If you find this post interesting, please rate it.

Hello;

I can see that in the document there are P/N for CM software that includes DL380 "CM6.1-K9-380G5"...Does this mean that these servers require special version of CM software other than the version for MCS??

Hi,

no there is a equivalent between MCS and HP server. The software is the same because both servers are the same (MCS with Cisco Logo & HP with HP Logo)

Regards,

Antonio

If you found this post useful, please rate it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: