Views
Helpful
Replies

Re : Prefix-list Question.

InternetB
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Below is a prefix-list that I have some queries abt.

ip prefix-list MJ permit 139.73.212.148/31 le 32

1) I want to check that the ip 212.148 is the start IP of the prefix-list right, meaning it is included in the prefix-list unlike a network address in a normal subnet mask which is not part of the usable IP.

2) What is the range of this prefix-list ? The router takes a /31 which has a SM of 255.255.255.254 but not too sure what what the allowed IPs in this prefix-list, I am guessing it is 212.148, 212.149

Pls advice,

Regards,

InternetB.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

InternetB.

You are correct about both 1) and 2).

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

InternetB.

You are correct about both 1) and 2).

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

InternetB

I am glad that my response helped to resolve your question. Thank you for using the rating system to indicate that your question was resolved (and thanks for the rating). It makes the forum more useful when people do mark a thread as resolved so that as people read about an issue they will know that they will see a response which did lead to resolution of the issue.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Dra60s6Ion
Level 1
Level 1

1. But what's happening when I have an ip prefix-list List permit 192.168.10.1/32? This means le = ge = 32, right?

2. So in this case, if I have a route-map which is matching an 'ip address prefix-list List', then it will never match, right? Because netmask of a route can't be between le and ge.

3. What is compared with le and ge when I have in a route-map 'match ip next-hop'?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card