Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM 2.0.6(13) not working anymore

schommarz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Since three days my DFM at a customer doesn't run anymore. Following issues I'm facing in DFM:

- In DFM AAD the time is missing and the module is not displaying any errors anymore.

- In Device Management, under Device Details, Device Summary, Rediscover / Delete & Discovery Status I receive a html 500 error.

When I look at Fault History, I see, that the last time it seemed to work was short before our server team has installed SEP (Symantec Entpoint Protection).

Rest of the LMS application seem all to work fine. Is it possible to reinstall DFM 2.0.6(13) only? If yes, how?

Are there any other possibilities for troubleshooting?

Thanks for help / support.

Erich

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like some or all of the files under NMSROOT/log/conf have been corrupted. Post the contents of this directory. Verify casuser has full access to all of the files under this directory.

View solution in original post

Yep, that's the problem. You need to restore this directory from a file system backup. If you don't have a file system backup of this server, then you will need to contact TAC to get the files.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like some or all of the files under NMSROOT/log/conf have been corrupted. Post the contents of this directory. Verify casuser has full access to all of the files under this directory.

Hello Clarke

Thanks for your fast reply. I suppose you wanted to mention NMSROOT/conf.

Enclosed a file with a dir for that folder and the folder dfm.

Conf folder has full access for casuser. It is set on the NMSROOT folder and is inherit to the subfolders.

No, this is not what I wanted. I wanted NMSROOT/log/conf.

I can't find that folder. It seems as if it is not or anymore available.

Yep, that's the problem. You need to restore this directory from a file system backup. If you don't have a file system backup of this server, then you will need to contact TAC to get the files.

made today a restore from the following folder: NMSROOT/log/conf

Now DFM is back up and running. Thanks for the good support.

Erich

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: