cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity to Connection User Migration with LDAP

s.casper_2
Level 1
Level 1

I am planning on migrating about 6500 Unity 4.05 users from 3 Unity systems to 2 Connection Clusters. Looks like the COBRA tool is the way to go here but I have been handled a complication.

We now would now like to integrate Connection to AD for our user data base and authentication. Is there a way to export the Unity users and thier associated greetings, attributes and messages and somhow map them into Connection and convert them to use the LDAP database? Not sure how to proceed with that part.

Steve

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

easiest to import them as LDAP users first and then import the COBRAS data - if the aliases match up from the backup to those in your LDAP database you're home free. If not you can use the MDB Viewer application to bulk edit the alias in the backup MDB file before importing - or you can manually map users in the backup to users in your connection directory.

I don't believe there's an easy way to create users first and then map them up to LDAP synch entries - there might be a way with BAT but that's not my area of expertiese by any means.

COBRAS does not touch any of the LDAP or AXL integration values during overwrite. But as ever be sure to try this with one user as a test all the way through and make sure it's cool first.

jcompiano
Level 1
Level 1

Update your users with the bulk admin tool using this format with a csv file. The LdapCcmUserID matches the alias and this sets the LDAP flag. Basically I updated my users after I imported them after I discovered their AD password didn't work.

Alias FirstName LastName TemplateAlias Extension LdapCcmUserId