Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX connect time

pcaltagirone22
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

When callers call into our UCCX main line they are hearing the CUCM MOH music during the connect time while the call is being offered to the agent. This should be due to the settings for MOH on the UCCX CTI ports which only has the option for the default MOH installed with CUCM. We would like the callers to hear the sound of a phone ringing as opposed to what it does now because it appears to the caller as they have been immediately been put on hold (even if it is only 10-15 seconds). I have been looking for a phone ringing wav file in thinking that I would simply load that on CUCM and change the UCCX CTI ports to play that during the connect time. Would this be the best way to accomplish this or is there a better solution that may be available?

Many Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Paul,

Here is a good reference. You should already have the ringback.wav file on board;

Q. How do I make the Music on Hold (MOH) as a ringback tone when using Cisco CallManager with IPCC?

A. When an ICD call rings an agent, the caller is put on hold by the CallManager. At this point, the CallManager MOH can be used to play a ringback tone to the ICD caller while waiting for the Agent to answer the phone. In order to set this up, you need to configure all the CTI ports Network Hold Audio Source as the wav file (ringback.wav) you want to play during the consult transfer.

Note: Make sure that the ringback.wav file is in the CallManager server and configured appropriately. There is a ringback.wav file in IPCC

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_qanda_item09186a0080094766.shtml#foura

This can be applied to the CTI Ports via the Device Pool (Network Hold MOH Audio Source) so it won't have any effect on other IP Phones. Also, leave the Network/User Hold Audio Source as standard for the Agent phones so that when they put someone on Hold the standard Audio MOH Source is played.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Paul,

Here is a good reference. You should already have the ringback.wav file on board;

Q. How do I make the Music on Hold (MOH) as a ringback tone when using Cisco CallManager with IPCC?

A. When an ICD call rings an agent, the caller is put on hold by the CallManager. At this point, the CallManager MOH can be used to play a ringback tone to the ICD caller while waiting for the Agent to answer the phone. In order to set this up, you need to configure all the CTI ports Network Hold Audio Source as the wav file (ringback.wav) you want to play during the consult transfer.

Note: Make sure that the ringback.wav file is in the CallManager server and configured appropriately. There is a ringback.wav file in IPCC

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_qanda_item09186a0080094766.shtml#foura

This can be applied to the CTI Ports via the Device Pool (Network Hold MOH Audio Source) so it won't have any effect on other IP Phones. Also, leave the Network/User Hold Audio Source as standard for the Agent phones so that when they put someone on Hold the standard Audio MOH Source is played.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob! Great info...i found the ringback.wav file on IPCC and uploaded it to all three CUCMs. I then tested it on a single phone not associated to IPCC and it worked like a champ, however when i made the changes to the ports it still gives the dreaded hold music. The only thing I can think is to reset the ports??

Thanks

Resetting the CTI ports did the trick - thanks again Rob!