cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Circa Surge Protection question

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

All, I have a customer with a 1890ect1/csc-50 Circa Surge Protection box in their DMARC. I have not seen one of these, and Im curious if anyone here has seen this and knows wht the pinout connections are like. Im trying to figure out how to connect some cat5 to this thing, so that I dont have to run more cable through this conduit between the buildings. Anyone seen this and know how the pins connect? Id appreciate it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey John,

My bad! I haven't used an R66 style for awhile :) The Left Hand Block is actually the "In" cable (the Tie from either the CO or between buildings) and then the circuit runs through the Carbon protection modules to the "Out" cable (the Tie to the Rack or internal Building Cross-Connect) which is terminated on the Right Hand block.

The first 25 pair termination starts on the upper Left (Pair 1) and continues down the Left-Hand side to Pair 25. The second 25 pair starts on the upper Right (Pair 26) and continues down the Right-hand side to Pair 50.

Hope this helps my friend!

Rob

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey John,

Excellent product :)

The Pinouts are shown in this doc;

http://www.circatelecom.com/html/pdfs/66/1890ECT1-50.pdf

Circa Tech Support

http://www.circatelecom.com/html/ct_tech.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Yeah, Ive seen that, but what I cant figure out is what pins connect to what pins. Not sure if Im describing this well or not, but there is a cable punched down already, and Im trying to match another cable by puncing it down on the other side. Im just not sure which pins connect. Any idea?

Hi John,

Sorry about that :)

On the R66 style Punch down block the Top-Left hand side should be the existing White/Blue pair so on the next two Pins (on the horizontal) would be your White/Blue pair. The Tip or White/Blue wire would be on the Left Hand Pin and the Ring 0r Blue/White wire would be on the Right Hand Pin.

The next set of Pins down would be the White/Orange pair with White/Orange wire on the Left Hand Pin and the Orange/White wire on the Right hand Pin.

And so forth down the length of the R66 block color for color. (White,Red,Black,Yellow,Violet)

Hope this makes sense!

Rob

Thats very helpful. But how does the left hand 66 block relate to the right side 66 block?

Hey John,

My bad! I haven't used an R66 style for awhile :) The Left Hand Block is actually the "In" cable (the Tie from either the CO or between buildings) and then the circuit runs through the Carbon protection modules to the "Out" cable (the Tie to the Rack or internal Building Cross-Connect) which is terminated on the Right Hand block.

The first 25 pair termination starts on the upper Left (Pair 1) and continues down the Left-Hand side to Pair 25. The second 25 pair starts on the upper Right (Pair 26) and continues down the Right-hand side to Pair 50.

Hope this helps my friend!

Rob

Thanks Rob, I appreciate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: