cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ntp server

gossey
Level 1
Level 1

We have the proper NTP server IP programmed on the gateway and on the Publisher. The phones are still showing a 3 minute difference with the Publisher. Any suggestions

8 Replies 8

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Follow steps below:

1) On the CUCM publisher command line, type "utils ntp status". Copy/paste screen output here.

2) Check the phone and see which CUCM server it registered with. Go to that CUCM server command line and type "utils ntp status". Copy/paste screen output here.

3) Compare the system time on step 1 and step 2. Are they in-sync?

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi Michael,

The phones are registering to the sub.

The Sub and Pub are Not in sync. The Sub is ahead by 3 minutes, same as the phones.

Thanks

Jamie/kevin

Subscribers' time should be in-sync with publisher.

If they are not synced, publisher might have problem. Could you go to PUBLISHER, type the command "utils ntp status" and paste the screen output here?

Thanks!

Michael

Hi Michael,

Here's a copy of the ntp status on the Publisher. I think the problem may be the publisher not syncronizing with the NTP server.

admin:utils ntp status

ntpd (pid 693) is running...

remote refid st t when poll reach delay offset jitter

==============================================================================

127.127.1.0 LOCAL(0) 10 l 13 64 1 0.000 0.000 0.004

132.246.168.148 .INIT. 16 u - 64 0 0.000 0.000 4000.00

unsynchronised

time server re-starting

polling server every 64 s

Current time in UTC is : Fri Jul 10 11:38:42 UTC 2009

Current time in Canada/Atlantic is : Fri Jul 10 08:38:42 ADT 2009

I am having this exact same problem as well. From both the publisher and subscriber, I get the "unsynchronised" message and that the time server is re-starting. Coincidentally, our clocks are also 3 minutes off.

That's right.

If the publisher is not synced to NTP, subscriber won't sync to publisher.

You have two options:

Option 1: Fix the NTP sync issue on publisher.

Option 2: Disable NTP on publisher at all.

Either option would make the subscriber synchronize to publisher.

Michael

Thanks Michael..

If the Publisher's gateway is using an external NTP and is synced, the gateway should pass the ntp along if i have my gateway ip set as the ntp server in the PUB, correct?

Thanks

Jamie

NTP has to be explicitly configured on CUCM. There's nothing like "automatically".

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: