cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

G.722 or 7945/65 bug?

cdickerson
Level 1
Level 1

Have a new deployment going on. running CUCM 7.1(2), phones are 7965 and 7945 with 8.5.2s firmware. Using g.722 codec. When someone raises their voice, or the person just naturally speaks loud, the other person hears a lot of crackling or scratchy sounds. Happens both through speakerphone and using the phone. We tried switching to g.711 and it seemed to help a little. anyone else experience this?

5 Replies 5

cdickerson
Level 1
Level 1

I'll answer myself. Opened a case with TAC, and they confirmed that it is a bug, CSCsz68389. They provided a newer firmware that fixed the problem. I hesitate to call it newer because the version is actualy 8.4.(4)ES7, while I was running 8.5.2s.

We have this same issue. I will be changing the firmware Monday.

Did TAC give any more information about a fix?

No, provided just the bug id and the firmware.

Is the ES7 firmware a special download? I can only find 8-4-4S from the download site and it is still distorted.

Yeah, they sent me a link to go get it. It was password protected and what not. Probably will have to open a TAC case to get the file.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: