cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Con 7 - CTL and Port Reset

j.sillers
Level 5
Level 5

I just finished configuring a UC 7 to UCM 7 integration and the "Check Telephony Integration" test says I need to reset the Port Group. I can't find where to do that. How do I reset the Port Group in Unity Connection 7 ?

Also, If the UCM 7 cluster is using CTL for authentication only, do I need to do something to the UC ports? Can't I leave them as non-secure or do I have to load CTl to Unity Connection 7 ?

thanks

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Joshua,

Port Group Reset;

Cisco Unity Connection Administration > Telephony Integrations > Port Group (click on the Port Group Name) > Port Group Basics (xxxxxxxx) > Reset Status > Reset

Cisco Unified Communications Operating System Administration Guide for Cisco Unity Connection Release 7.x

Security

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/os_administration/guide/7xcucosag060.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Wow, I can't believe I couldn't see that button for the Reset. Too many late nights I guess.

But the security doc does not tell me if I need CTL certs for UC to talk to UCM that is using CAPF files. It just tells me how to download them to my workstation from UCM. Did I read that incorrectly?

Does anyone know: If UCM is using CTL for Phone Authentication, does that mean UC needs to have something done so it can register? Unity is currently integrated but I did not perform anything on Unity to make that happen, I simply ran the CTL tool for UCM and then all the phones and Unity ports registered.

thanks, I've only been in 2 CTL enviornements and this is my first with UC and UCM integrated