cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Con 7 - CTL and Port Reset

j.sillers
Level 5
Level 5

I just finished configuring a UC 7 to UCM 7 integration and the "Check Telephony Integration" test says I need to reset the Port Group. I can't find where to do that. How do I reset the Port Group in Unity Connection 7 ?

Also, If the UCM 7 cluster is using CTL for authentication only, do I need to do something to the UC ports? Can't I leave them as non-secure or do I have to load CTl to Unity Connection 7 ?

thanks

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Joshua,

Port Group Reset;

Cisco Unity Connection Administration > Telephony Integrations > Port Group (click on the Port Group Name) > Port Group Basics (xxxxxxxx) > Reset Status > Reset

Cisco Unified Communications Operating System Administration Guide for Cisco Unity Connection Release 7.x

Security

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/os_administration/guide/7xcucosag060.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Wow, I can't believe I couldn't see that button for the Reset. Too many late nights I guess.

But the security doc does not tell me if I need CTL certs for UC to talk to UCM that is using CAPF files. It just tells me how to download them to my workstation from UCM. Did I read that incorrectly?

Does anyone know: If UCM is using CTL for Phone Authentication, does that mean UC needs to have something done so it can register? Unity is currently integrated but I did not perform anything on Unity to make that happen, I simply ran the CTL tool for UCM and then all the phones and Unity ports registered.

thanks, I've only been in 2 CTL enviornements and this is my first with UC and UCM integrated

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: