cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS- RME 4.2

lucky.sibanyoni
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot reload a switch using netconfig job, i get the following error message: Message: Couldnot enter ENABLE Mode from USER Mode on Device. Primary Login Succeeded

/ Secondary Enable Succeeded

Is there something i can do to correct this? the user accounts are managed by ACS, and it not a problem with other devices.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes. Netshow will use the same credentials.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like there is a problem with your enable credentials in DCR for this device. Verify that they are correct. If you are using telnet, it would be a good idea to get a sniffer trace of the Netconfig job to confirm the credentials RME is using.

Hi

I use the same credentials to telnet to the device and its working fine, and for other devices as well-but this device is managed by a different ACS server, can a problem be on ACS or is it on DCR? how can i do a sniffer trace of the Netconfig job?

There appears to be some credential mismatch. You can start a packet capture from Device Center. Filter on all telnet traffic to this device, then start your Netconfig job.

HI

Thanks, it loks like its working.

i did a device credentials check on Device center; and it failed, i then edit the device credentials- and i found that: i had a username, password and also enable password- i therefore removed the enable password- and did a device credentails check on telnet and Telnet Enable Mode User Name and Password. and its working.

this should also work on the netshow jobs (like using the show command jobs?)

Yes. Netshow will use the same credentials.

can i ask one last question?

is it possible to pull out a report in LMS for EAP? i.e we have interfaces that are configured with eap, and some r not configured- i'd like to pull out a report for all the interfaces that have eap configured and also those that dont have eap configured:

i.e. below is the output of sh run int g1/3, and this interface has eap configured- so i'd like to pull out a report for the switch, dat will show me if an interface has eap or not

test#sh run int g1/3

Building configuration...

Current configuration : 590 bytes

!

interface GigabitEthernet1/3

switchport

switchport access vlan 23

switchport mode access

wrr-queue bandwidth 30 70

wrr-queue queue-limit 40 30

wrr-queue random-detect min-threshold 1 40 80

wrr-queue random-detect min-threshold 2 70 80

wrr-queue random-detect max-threshold 1 80 100

wrr-queue random-detect max-threshold 2 80 100

wrr-queue cos-map 1 1 1

wrr-queue cos-map 1 2 0

wrr-queue cos-map 2 1 2 3 4

wrr-queue cos-map 2 2 6 7

mls qos trust dscp

dot1x pae authenticator

dot1x port-control auto

spanning-tree portfast

service-policy input SOFTPHONE-PC

end

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: