Views
Helpful
Replies

How to queue a caller into two skillgroups with different priorities in ICM

chrisluven
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I want to queue a caller into 2 skillgroups when no agent from the first skillgroup is available.

The Problem is that the calls should only be handled in skillgroup 2 when there is no other customer from another hotline in this skillgroup queue.

I tried out a little bit and the " queue to skillgroup" node cann handle more than one skillgroup, but i don't know how to give them different priorities.

It would be nice if someone has an idea or suggestion.

kind regards

chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
5 Replies 5

You need to use multiple queue to skillgroup nodes. The first QtoSG node will be your primary, if the call queues then you to go a second QtoSG node with your backup skillgroups.

david

Ahh, thank you.

I thought i can queue the call to different skillgroups in one node!

So i will ad another "Q2SG" after the first and set lower priorities for that.

greetings

Christian

You're welcome.

david

>and set lower priorities for that

Caution on priority. Are you going to queue the call to another skill group in an "overflow" scenario. Is that other skill group a target for a different set of calls, and you want these overflow calls waiting in queue to be jumped by new calls coming in?

FYI - when you queue to one skill group for some time then attach the timeout to another queue to skill group, unless you specifically dequeue the call, the call remains queued at the first skill group. Which is probably what you want, anyway.

Regards,

Geoff

Based on the original comment it does sound like he wants to keep the call queued to the first SG and add additional SGs. Specially since he was using a single QtoSG node. Regardless, good word on caution about priorities, they can sometimes work great and other do something complete backwards of what you were expecting.

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: