cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using CCA to access UC500 Remotely

voiceisip
Level 1
Level 1

If i have public ip address on the UC500 can i use CCA to access to box?

Thanks...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The recommended approach is to VPN into the UC500 and run CCA over the VPN.  Access directly across the Internet can work, but it requires a number of modifications to the standard firewall setup, and you may have trouble with things like uploading software updates or voice prompts for the AA if you are not careful.  Managing the box over a VPN avoids all of these problems.

Use of a VPN also means you will be able to directly manage other SBCS devices behind the UC500, such as switches and wireless access points.

Cheers,

Dave.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The recommended approach is to VPN into the UC500 and run CCA over the VPN.  Access directly across the Internet can work, but it requires a number of modifications to the standard firewall setup, and you may have trouble with things like uploading software updates or voice prompts for the AA if you are not careful.  Managing the box over a VPN avoids all of these problems.

Use of a VPN also means you will be able to directly manage other SBCS devices behind the UC500, such as switches and wireless access points.

Cheers,

Dave.

voiceisip
Level 1
Level 1

I figured the VPN was the best way..just needed confirmation.

Thanks

Kallol

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: