cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to make IP phone automatically call when I hang up receiver

webstd.design
Level 1
Level 1

How to make IP phone automatically call when I hang up receiver? I think It can be do with softkey templaye.

Can somebody help me with this question?

7 Replies 7

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

Do you mean when lifting up the receiver?. It depends on if you have a CUCM or CME- CME you use something called PLAR in CUCM you use Translations

CUCM- Create a partition called "Auto call"

Create a CSS called "Auto Call" and assign this new partition to the CSS

Assign the CSS "Auto Call" to the handset you are concerned with

Create a translation Pattern XXXX and assign the Partition "Auto Call " to it. In the section for Called Party Transformation add the number you wish to call when lifting the handset up

An example is with security - 1000 so you enter 100 in Called Party Transformation section

What about if you want security to call the PLAR phone by dialing it's extension? I get how the phone calls automatically, but how can that phone receive calls? But putting the "auto call" partition in the CSS that the rest of the phone uses it causes all phones to call security automatically.

You're mixing things in there, one is the fact the PLAR does use a single partition to reach the TP and call.

But the phone that has plar configured has a DN and a partition as any other phone, and just like any other phone if you have the partition in your CSS you simply dial the DN of that phone to call it.

What you're thinking is that the DN of the phone has to be in the same partition as the TP, which doesn't need to be.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

I understand your post, but something is still missing.

PhoneA(normal user's phone)

PhoneB(phone that you want to call security automatically when off-hook)

CssNormal(regular CSS for user's phones)

PtNormal (regular partition for user's phones)

CssPLAR

PtPLAR

Translation pattern (configured to use PtPLAR and CssPLAR, and mask to security)

So for PhoneB to reach the TP, it needs to be able to contact PtPLAR through the use of a calling search space correct?

So that means you need to add the PtPLAR to CssNormal? That is not a good result.

Using my partition examples, how would you set it up? I need PhoneB to call security when it goes off-hook, and I need PhoneA to be able to call PhoneB's DN.

Still mixing all this somehow

You configure the PLAR with all you said, but you put DN B on PtNormal.

What you're thinking is that you need to configure the DN B and the TP in the same partition which you DON'T NEED TO.

HTH

java

HTH

java

I'm sorry if I'm frustrating you, but following your directions, there appears to be no different between PhoneA and PhoneB. Therefore if there is no difference, how will PhoneB call security automatically and not PhoneA?

I think I got it figured out. Both Phones are in the same Css (at the phone level). The DN on PhoneA is in PtNormal, and CssNormal. The DN on PhoneB is in PtNormal and CssPLAR. That's the difference I was trying to figure out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: