cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST advice.translation-profile on voice-port drops after router reboot.

webstd.design
Level 1
Level 1

I have MGCP gateways that configured as SRST gateways too.

I have translation from internal numbers and vice verse then I use in config.

Here is the final result:

<b>

voice-port 0/0/0:15

translation-profile incoming 1

translation-profile outgoing 2

</b>

this translations work when gateway come in SRST fallback mode.

But

<b>

translation-profile incoming 1

translation-profile outgoing 2

</b>

configs drop from voice-port 0/0/0:15 when I have router reboot

2 Replies 2

webstd.design
Level 1
Level 1

up

pcameron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You probably are using the 'ccm-manager config-server' command to download the MGCP config on registration. This is fine for basic operation, but part of the operation is that it will delete any existing voice configs. Therefore the voice port will be deleleted and this takes the translation profile along with it.

If your configuration is static and there are no changes being made on he CUCM gateway config, the easiest solution is to remove the 'ccm-manager config-server' command. Once you do this the other commands on the voice port will survive the reload since the router will no longer delete and then re-add the voice port.

If you do need the config download, you can use Embedded Event Manager (EEM) to re-add the translation profiles on the voice port after a reload. We would need a copy of your configuration to confirm the interface details to re-apply the configs against. If you want to try this option, paste your config into this posting.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: