Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys root CA for SPA units

gustavolsson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I can't find the root certificate used to sign the CSR's submitted to Linksys for authenticating SPA units. The provisioning manual mentions that this should be supplied with the certificate obtained from the CSR but i got none. I think I need this in my java caroots file to successfully authenticate SPA units. Is this available or do I need to resubmit my CSR?

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Gustav;

Thanks for your question. I believe Nacho already responded to this via the itsp mailer. Please let me know if you are satisfied with his response.

regards
Alberto

Dear Alberto,

Yes Nacho responded to my mail and the authentication is working OK after I've added the ca to the keyring, thanks!

I have a related question however; I'm implementing our new provisioning solution in jetty and hence get a X509Certificate object when the connection is established OK and the client is authenticated using the client certificate. Since i don't use apache, the example in the Provisioning guide does not apply. What is the most correct way to retreive the MAC address and serial number from the X509Certificate object? Parsing the Subject header or what? I take for granted all objects in a certificate can be trusted so it's more a matter of implementing something that works with all SPA-units in all revisions.

Thanks!

Hi Gustav,

Have you discovered a way to extract the MAC and serial # from the X509 cert?

If so, please share with the community.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

I've been busy for a while with other projects so this one has had to stand-down. As i mention in the previous post, this _can_ be done by parsing the subject header so given you can trust the contents of the certificate itself (which I believe is half the point of it...) that solution should be fine. I was more interested in whether there was a more elegant solution, but I have been unable to find one. So the Subject-parsing one will probably have to do.

Hi Gustav,

I've sent your question to Engineering to see if they have a better solution.

I'll let you know when I hear back.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hi Gustav,

It appears that your solution is currently the best one available. We don't have any more efficient ways to accomplish your goal.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------