Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating a Route Pattern

spotlight41
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM 6.1

Okay. I have a simple head knowledge question that I'm sure will be easily answered. When I attempt to create a Route Pattern and Save, a pop-up tells me that it will reset the gateway/route list if I proceed. What does this mean exactly? Should I not do this during business hours, or will it reset and be seamless to anyone using phones? Any risk?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Steve,

The "Rule of Thumb" here is this;

If the Route Pattern destination is pointed directly to the gateway PRI, it drops calls currently in progress when Reset.

If the Route Pattern is pointed to the Route Group/Route List, it does not reset the gateway, and calls in progress are not dropped.

For me, I prefer to do the changes during a Maintenance window.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Steve,

The "Rule of Thumb" here is this;

If the Route Pattern destination is pointed directly to the gateway PRI, it drops calls currently in progress when Reset.

If the Route Pattern is pointed to the Route Group/Route List, it does not reset the gateway, and calls in progress are not dropped.

For me, I prefer to do the changes during a Maintenance window.

Hope this helps!

Rob

...and how long does a Gateway PRI reset take generally. Are we talking seconds, 2 minutes, ...?

Just so I know when I perform this action during my maintenance window. :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: