cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forced Auth Codes

mitesh.mishra
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Call Manager 6.0. i have created some auth codes. but these auth codes are users based is there any way to restrict autcodes with extension. Just like my extension is 2001 and my auth code is 12345. so if somebody wants to use my auth from diff extension it should not be work. it should be working for 2001 only. is it possible. please let me know if anyone have idea about that. Thanks, Mitesh

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No. Use extension mobility instead to get this specific with dialing privileges.

Actually i have more than 700 ip Phones which have fixed lines. if i use extension mobility it will be a terrible mess for me.

FACs work on an code-assigned authorization level. All you can do is assign a privilege level to an individual FAC and specify an minimum level on the route pattern. They were not designed to provide authorization on an originating-device basis.

If you need to constrain the ability to dial a pattern to a user (authentication) and have per-user authorization, you can do this by using EM to get a per-user/device authentication to occur and then assigning a line CSS with that user's unique privileges.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: