Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 and Windows 2000 Pro

Alar Pandis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Just did switch from Bordermanager 3.6 to ASA 5510 and on thing I noticed that three Windows 2000 Pro machines (Apache on two and IMail 8.x on one) start behave strangely -- they loose contact on some time and then ... back again. Ping down and then up again! IP address it static. Nothing special found in events. Any ideas? More thanks, Alar.

4 Replies 4

Alar Pandis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi again! Well, seems to be not just Windows 2000 Pro, at least one SLES 10 SP2 machine too. And outside line ping/services for these machines is just ... fine, I mean all the time up. Probably I missed something?

Any help/hint is greately appreciated!

More thanks, Alar.

Hi again!

Anyone!?

Seems to that network traffic is affected in general, I see also that servers can't contact with each-other. Probably some settings for inside0 I missed!?

Alar.

Is proxy arp enabled on the interface the servers are connected to? I have assumed that they are all on the same subnet.

Hi and thanks!

No, no proxy arp. Yes, same subnet. Seems to I had with config error with NAT'ing, my misconf, probably, right now I'm not sure, yet. Packet for captured with ASA and ..., we'll see.

More thanks, Alar.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card