cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blast Call Foward All

hotrot_net
Level 1
Level 1

Most of my UC500 configurations are with Blast Call's i got 9 off them configured that way.

The only trouble with that is the customers often ask to forward all incoming calls to al celluar phone after business hours.

I cant find a way to easly configure this for the end user. Is there a way to do this.

Greetings

Andy Gribnau

5 Replies 5

Andy,

You could send your incoming calls to an ephone-dn that has call forward all to the hunt group and call forward night service to the cell phone. An example can be found here:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-1419

Notice this example does not include the night service configuration, which you will have to implement separately.

Thanks,

Marcos

Marcos,

I tought of that, but the doesn't solf the problem when the same customer asks to have fowarding  one day to celluar numer 062xxxx and the next day it has to go to 061xxxxx .

That would also result in calls comming form extesionnr 200 instead of comming form the DID form a calling customer.? or wouldn't?

Greetings

Andy

You could try to inject SNR in the call flow somehow. For example, call forward night service could go to another ephone-DN that has SNR enabled. They can change the SNR target every day, from the phone itself.

As far as Caller ID presentation, there are ways to keep and present the original calling number, so don't worry about that.

Thanks,

Marcos

Is SNR supposed to work with Blast groups, because I can't get it to work.

If i have a phone setup with SNR and its in a blast group, only the handset rings, the SNR mobile number doens't ring. But if I dail the handsets extension directly the SNR works.

Hi Trevor,

I have faced this problem a few times already, for the sake of my sanity i ended up changing the client over to Shared DN's and had each phone overlay Line one (And line two where applicable) so that way the could just do a Call Forward All on that DN without having to set really short call timers to beginning this lengthy steering process, however the this situation can only really work when you have a minimum 2 button phone, and you can spare at least 1 button.

It opertes simular to a Blast Group where each phone rings and the button flashes, however it is a more intense measure that requires more programming to be done, it can also get real ugly on complex or large roll outs, but it is a fail safe option when all else fails.

I am kind of hoping that one day they will release a call forwarding option on a Parrallel hunt group, it would be a very useful feature to have.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: