cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

snmp version 3 configuration for LMS

jain.nitin
Level 3
Level 3

Hi I m trying to configure snmp v3 on my devices so that i can add these devices in LMS but it is not working properly..below is the configu which i hv done on devices please provide your input if i have missed something or configured wrongly..

snmp-server group snmpro v3 priv read ro access 80

snmp-server group snmprw v3 priv write wr access 80

snmp-server user snmpwr@bw snmprw v3 auth md5 $nMP@BW! priv 3des $nMP@BW! access 80

md5 $nmpread@BW! pri 3des $nmpread@BW! access 80

snmp-ser host 10.2.6.3 version 3 priv snmprw

snmp-ser host 10.2.6.3 version 3 priv snmpro

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What are the definitions of your ro and wr views? What is the definition of access-list 80, and what is the IP of your LMS server? It really looks like you've confused concepts from community string-based SNMP with USM-based SNMP.

This is what I'd do:

snmp-server group snmpro v3 priv access 80

snmp-server group snmprw v3 priv write v1default access 80

snmp-server user snmpwr@bw snmprw v3 auth md5 $nMP@BW! priv 3des $nMP@BW! access 80

snmp-server user snmpro@bw snmpro v3 auth md5 $nmpread@BW! priv 3des $nmpread@BW! access 80

Then, if the LMS server is 10.2.6.3, you can't send v3 notifications to it. You will need to configure v1 or v2c notifications. For example:

snmp-server host 10.2.63 version 2c public

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: