cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can UC communicates using SIP protocol to non-Cisco IP PABX?

wfchew2007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Soon i will need to integrate SIP trunk calls to non-Cisco PABX. Is this possible ? What are the things to lookout when integrating?

Best regards,

Lawrence Chew

4 Replies 4

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As an IPPBX itself, UC500 communicates with other VoIP entities or PSTN via SIP Trunks.  It is not a hosted solution where the phones are controlled by a different (non geographically colocated device). The SIP Trunk SP has the infrastructure to provide the usual telephone gateway services as well as DIDs to the UC500 to be flexibly assigned.   We have about a dozen SIP Trunk SPs we have 'designated' to interoperate with the UC500, and they appear in the CCA pulldown menue under SIP Trunk (VOICE) configuration.  I would start by selecting one of them.  This is not to say you cannot set the UC500 to "Generic" and interconnect whatever you desire, only that it hasn't been tested and may not be supported.

Hope this clarifies a little.

Steve DiStefano

Systems Engineer, US Field Channel Sales

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification. Do you have any documents or links on this matter? To have this setup, any additional license required for SIP calls?

Best regards,

Lawrence Chew

Hi,

Hope you can provide some guideline or documents/link on the said matter. What are the things to lookout for when integrating SIP to non-Cisco PABX?

Best regards,

Lawrence Chew

Hi Lawrence,

I would recommend the SBCS Design Guide and look at the SIP Interconnect section (this doc is protected in the Partner Central portal, which you can access as a Partner).

Keep in mind that your UC520 will be registered with a SP Providers SIP REGISTRAR and all calls will be sent via their PROXY server or SBC to get to their SIP Server infrastructure.  So its not like you need to do any testing between us and them, rather the other non cisco SIP endpoint will need to have SIP compliance to interconenct to their SIP Trunk SP.

Hope that makes sense?

Steve DiStefano

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: