Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPS Trial license and signature updates

Hi All,

We have a AIP-SSM 20, I installed a trial license while we wait for the contract. But I am not sure how I can get the signature files, since I cannot download it from the site and auto-update fails with authorization.

Is is possible to get these with a trial license?

Thanks!

Jacques

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marcabal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Trial License itself only affects whether or not the sensor will allow installation of the files.

The Trial License has no affect on whether or not your userid on cisco.com will be able to access the files.

Do you have a Cisco Representative that you work with? If so then contact him/her. They should be able to either get permission for your userid, or download the files themselves and provide them to you.

If they download them for you, you won't be able to test the "auto-update" feature, but will at least be able to manually install them.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marcabal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Trial License itself only affects whether or not the sensor will allow installation of the files.

The Trial License has no affect on whether or not your userid on cisco.com will be able to access the files.

Do you have a Cisco Representative that you work with? If so then contact him/her. They should be able to either get permission for your userid, or download the files themselves and provide them to you.

If they download them for you, you won't be able to test the "auto-update" feature, but will at least be able to manually install them.

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I contacted them to get it arranged.

Thanks!

Jacques

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card