cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Team Messages

kevin.iddles
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - anyone know where (if ?) in the DB the Team Messages are stored? Been trying to find messages and can't seem to find them.

Was thinking of adding them to the IPCC Wallboard app.... :)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

And here's their response.

PS: CCX 8.0 will be on a sealed Linux appliance. I would not recommend spending much effort breaking into and pulling data from LDAP since you won't be able to get at it in 8.0 anyways.

---

BU RESPONSE

Hi Jonathan,

The team messages are not saved in a location accessible to third party application integration. (I believe it is stored in CAD's LDAP, which is off limits.) I'll capture this as a roadmap request.

Regards,

Tom Sullivan

Product Manager

Cisco Agent Desktop

---

MY EMAIL:

Hi all-

There was a good question on NetPro yesterday that I wanted to help the user get an answer on. They want to pull the team messages set within CSD on a third-party wallboard application. Normally the data can be pulled from the real-time tables on db_cra.

Where are team messages saved? If not db_cra, how would a customer access them for this type of integration?

And to hedge my bet: If they are not currently accessible, can we open a feature request to expose this?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe they are stored in the Calabrio OpenLDAP (slapd.exe) data store which is not accessible.

Hmmmm.... actually drilling into the LDAP data can't even find it...

Well this is a good question then. I have submitted an email to the business unit on your behalf. I'll post their answer.

Thanks. I have managed to dump the whole of the LDAP store, and the only things that this seems to retain are the 10 'previous team messages'.

These are held per Agent that has Supervisor rights, however I cannot find the current team message !

Unless its only held in some Java process in RAM only .....

And here's their response.

PS: CCX 8.0 will be on a sealed Linux appliance. I would not recommend spending much effort breaking into and pulling data from LDAP since you won't be able to get at it in 8.0 anyways.

---

BU RESPONSE

Hi Jonathan,

The team messages are not saved in a location accessible to third party application integration. (I believe it is stored in CAD's LDAP, which is off limits.) I'll capture this as a roadmap request.

Regards,

Tom Sullivan

Product Manager

Cisco Agent Desktop

---

MY EMAIL:

Hi all-

There was a good question on NetPro yesterday that I wanted to help the user get an answer on. They want to pull the team messages set within CSD on a third-party wallboard application. Normally the data can be pulled from the real-time tables on db_cra.

Where are team messages saved? If not db_cra, how would a customer access them for this type of integration?

And to hedge my bet: If they are not currently accessible, can we open a feature request to expose this?

I guessed this would be the case. They really need to think about the product line a little more as there seems to be some quite obvious gaps that need filling :)

Thats the "problem" with the current version running on top of W2K3, it lends itself to a lot of methods to achieve the same aim :) like using external db, local XML files etc

Not to worry. Another thing we can look at internally :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: