cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Understanding SRR shape and limit

stretchlad
Level 1
Level 1

I just want to know if I have understood this correctly. If I have a port connected at 100Mb Full duplex with the following config:

srr-queue bandwidth shape 0 2 0 0

srr-queue bandwidth limit 18

Would this limit bandwidth to 18Mbit and also limit Queue 2 to 50% of 18Mbit which would be 9Mbit?

3 Replies 3

stretchlad
Level 1
Level 1

I have tested this in a lab and bot bandwidth shape and limit work off the physical speed rather than shape working off what limit is set at so my config was wrong. No need for a response now.

So, to clarify, when you tested, did you get 18M, because the srr-queue bandwidth shape cmd was 50% and the srr-queu bandwidth limit command was only 18%, or did the shape command override the limit cmd?

The shape command in this scenario as it is allows 1/2 or 50% of the physical bandwidth which was 100Mb so 50Mb. As I have a limit of 18Mb it would peak at 18Mb when in relaity I only wanted it to use 9Mb.

So bandwidth shape 0 11 0 0 would give 9Mb for queue 2 which is what I wanted to achieve. I still used the bandwidth limit to limit the overall port utilisation to 18Mb but wanted a cap on an individual queue also.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: