Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID

andrewsymms
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Just set up uc 500 from cca sofware with 2 bri interfaces all works fine except incoming caller id strips the leading zero. I searched on here but cant find a simple solution.

Could someone explain in relative laymans terms how to do it

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andrew,

How does your current incoming dial-peer look like?? Could you post the dial-peer and translation rule??

It looks like there's a easy way to fix this, if your current incoming translation profile is still voice "translation-profile Work-BG_Called_6", then add the following:

voice translation-profile Work-BG_Called_6
translate called 6

translate calling 10001

Edit rule:

voice translation-rule 10001

rule 1 /^\(.*\)/ /0\1/

no rule 2

Regards,

Eivind

Message was edited by: Eivind Jonassen

View solution in original post

28 Replies 28

Skyler Spence
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

andrewsymms wrote:

except incoming caller id strips the leading zero.

By this do you mean that the calling party's number has a leading 0 stripped, and so it is showing incorrectly on the phones?  Or the called number's 0 is being stripped and the call is failing to route correctly?  Or is 0 your steering digit to select an outbound call, and you wish to press dial directly from the phone when viewing missed or received calls?  Please clarify so we can better help.

Yes first assumption was correct the calling parties number displays on the phone less the leading digit as per 01935425653 displays on the phone as 1935425653

Ok, could you post your configuration with the usernames and passwords removed?  I'll check the dial peers and translation rules to see if anything may be stripping the digit.

Hello

Please find attached phone config file

Can you please session into the box and enable the following debug commands:

debug isdn q931

debug voip dialpeer

term mon

Then make a test call and capture all the output and attach it here.  Very important, once you are done enter

u all

term no mon

to return your system to normal.  Thanks.

The number it shows should have  a leading 0 but doesnt seem to show it drom the start of the log ?

Andrew,

This debug shows that the calling number is not being sent with a leading 0, this is something you will need to contact your telco provider about.  If the incoming number the system is given doesn't have a 0, we don't put one there!  Though if you need, it is relatively simple to add a 0 to the front of all calling numbers...

Hello

Ive spoken to the telco and they advised me they may not be able to do that so if you could advise me how i can do it within the system would be appreciated

Thanks

I am not wholly familar with UK dialplans, so first let me confirm one thing.  Do you want ALL incoming numbers to have a leading 0 added?  This is relatively simple to do, but if you want only one type of number (long distance or mobile for example) to have a leading 0 it becomes much more complicated.

without wishing to hijack the thread/discussion, but i would like to know how to add the leading 0 to all calls?

many thanks

I think if I could just get it to add a zero to all calls that might do the trick. If I call from a local number the display on the phone gives the full national number. eg calling from 433925 seems to give 1935433925 which should be 01935433925. However that might just be from that particular number I suppose.

gsgilbeson
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the exact same issue as Andrew,  the leading 0 is being stripped and isn't being shown on the display of the handsets when callers dial in!

Thanks in advance

Skyler Spence
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Prepending a 0 to the beginning of all incoming calls involves adding a translation rule to do so, including this rule in the "calling" portion of a translation profile, and using this translation profile with all your incoming dialpeers.  When making all these changes through CLI, please follow the guidelines in this document to ensure CCA compatibility.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_assistant/version2_0/out_of_band_reference/cca_20_oob_config_guidelines.pdf

The procedure itself is very similar to adding a 9 to inbound calls so that missed calls can be directly dialed from the missed calls menu.  This procedure is outlined here: https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/6010#6010

First create a translation rule that matches your local dialplans.  For example locally most numbers calling me have 10 digits, so to add a 0 to the beginning I could do

voice translation-rule 10001

rule 1 /\(^..........$\)/ /0\1/

rule 2  /\(^.*\)/ /0\1/

Notice that the second rule literally matches any string of digits, so it could be all you use.  Now, create a translation profile that uses this rule on all calling numbers:

voice translation-profile ADD_ZERO

translate calling 10001

Be sure to examine your existing configuration to determine if further rules need to be applied to your incoming calls.  Finally, configure all your incoming dial-peers to use this translation profile and you're done.

Thanks so far but im not sure how to do this bit "configure incoming dial peers to use this new rule"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: